Wednesday, May 10

Update w/family Easter picture

Easter 2006: Craig, Sandi with the "kids", Lauren and Joe. Missing in Action was Micah who currently lives in Palm Beach, Fla.

Hello Everyone! Well, it has been very hectic these past four days, yet filled with an ENORMOUS amount of blessings. Friday the 5th, we received a visitor, a co-worker from Molina Healthcare (Sandi's employer, and were surprised to see the HUGE gift of love from everyone. Needless to say, there were tears of gratitude. Craig and I have been blessed by each of our employers. The fact is that for me, it is not only a job....it is an extended family.

The weekend seemed unremarkable, although he has had increasing pain and vomiting. We returned to the oncologist yesterday for another treatment, and from 12 noon on, the day went down hill from there. Craig decided to go with my mother to the market, and then wash his car. Well, by they returned home, he was full of anger!!! Apparently he had fallen "twice" while with my mother. My mother, having this be her first experience of helping to scrape Craig up, was needless to say upset. The more concerned she was, apparently the angrier he became. He entered into the house and told me that this was ALL my fault ! ! ! ! So, as I am trying to ignore this statement, the evening progressed into a night from HELL.... While most people are sleeping, Craig decides that he wants to take a bath....I on the other hand, would like some sleep. BUT!!! no, Craig wants to take his bath. SO, as I am fighting to keep my eyes open, I heard this CRASH !!!!! Lo and behold, who do I find in the tub, towel in hand and looking up at me with those kind eyes.... Yes, it is Craig, and the only comment he could make to me is "Thank God I know how to fall correctly". I could have strangled him, yet I laughed because I wanted to also say - "See, I told you so"....Now will you get your BUTT into bed and SLEEP - Accckkkkkkk!. God Bless him. Sleep however was not his choice for the moment. He chose to explain how falling is an "Art", and I of course am ready to SLAP HIM!!! What-EVER !!!!
Give me SLEEP - In moving forward, Craig, is a Sensei (Kempo) (先生) the Japanese term for "master", "teacher" or "doctor". Sensei of martial arts usually live and/or work at a dojo, where they teach their skills to their apprenticess.) So, I learned about the "art in falling down". Hahaha....
As you can see, it had been an eventful day. Today of course he is sleeping, sleeping, sleeping.

On a more significant and serious note, Craig and I have been blessed with several gifts of love. It is unbelievable! So many have touched our lives and it is my hope that you know how fortunate we are. That you allowed us to share our lives with you, you who have so graciously and freely given to us. We have received a surprising amount of gifts from friends, family and acquaintances (folks whom we hardly know) as well. Miracles day to day....

I would like to share recent photos of Craig, kids and I this past Easter. Unfortuantely, Micah was not able to come home, however we know that he is with us in spirit.
So, that is it for today....
Have a joyous and blessed day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home